"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bliss

This past week a good friend of mine dropped off a CD of pictures she had taken for me when Owen was a week old. I was so excited to see what she had done!

I totally started crying when I saw this picture . . . The word that came to my mind was BLISS.

I still remember those first few weeks after Owen was born. I literally remember sitting on the couch holding my sleeping newborn and watching my happy two year old play and thinking to myself, "I want to freeze time."

I didn't have much responsibility for anything other than taking care of my boys for that time. I let everything go by the wayside and I have to say - I am glad I did that. My house may have been a disaster and laundry piled to the ceiling. I may have neglected other work and church responsibilities for a time, but those few precious weeks with Owen were blissful.

Now, nine months later, life is back to chaos and hectic schedules. Life has returned to its normal and busy pace. Now Owen isn't a sleeping newborn and Jack is a little more older, wild and crazier too. But just looking at these pictures helped me remember that blissful time at the beginning of this year where my life stood still for a moment and I was able to love on these sweet boys I have been given without another care in the world.

I am grateful for my life experiences that have taught me to be grateful for the small things like this. Life is so much more meaningful and enjoyable when we can savor the simple and small things.







No comments: