So fascinating. So messed up. So unbelievable. And so liberating. I loved this book about Carolyn's escape from the FLDS organization in Colorado City. I am truly inspired by women who have this kind of courage. Read it. I dare you. Bet you won't be able to put it down!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Funny kid! We then took him inside and warmed him up!
Monday, January 18, 2010
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Planning Jack's birthday party was so fun for me. I love throwing birthday parties for my boys! Jack loved all of the attention and had a great time tearing the wrapping paper and playing in his cake. I am so grateful for the blessing he is in my life. Pure joy.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
This month Jack:
- weighs 19 lbs. 6 oz.
- took seven steps on 1/12/10
- eats everything that he can feed himself - but NOTHING we feed him on a spoon
- points at objects with his index and middle fingers crossed
- slept through every night this month (except the nights we were in SLC for Christmas)!
- loves to cuddle and rock before his naps
- still is taking two naps a day (YESSS!)
- is now drinking whole milk
- still doesn't hold his own bottle
- is sitting in a front facing car seat
- got his first case of the croup
- actually made it through all of church without too much of a fuss
- loves to read books WITH me (i.e. he reads his owns while I read aloud from another)
- is lovable and joyful and energetic
- like to climb to the top of his slide and watch the Wiggles from there
Happy First Birthday! Can you believe a year has already gone by? What a sweet day this is. I have so much gratitude for you. This year has been full of so much happiness and joy. You have brightened the atmosphere in our home and lifted our heavy hearts. You have brought an energy to our family that is simply delightful.
Of course, like most moms, I can remember every detail of the day you were born. We were at the hospital at 4am and at 12:08pm you entered this world. I remember hearing your loud cry, your clear lungs and saw you squirm all over. I knew that our prayers concerning a healthy body for you were answered. The delivery room was filled with so much love the day you were born. I was exhausted and tired - but the minute I held you I knew I wanted to stay awake forever just to examine your little body and watch all the funny faces you made for us. That was such a big deal for us.
I remember the few nights we stayed in the hospital with you while I recovered and you were observed, were difficult. I had NO IDEA what to do with a crying baby. And boy, did you CRY! We had so many wonderful visitors who loved you. And many visitors who knew your brother as well and could understand what a miracle you are in our lives.
My little Jack-Attack. You delight me. You exhaust me. You make me smile and laugh. I wish I could explain to you the love I have for you - but that is something you will understand better when you hold your own child for the first time. There isn't a thing I wouldn't do for you.
I hope you have a wonderful first birthday.
I feel so much joy today.
I love you.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Good grief, son. Your momma is already crazy! Don't make it worse!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
. . . and looks at me with pleading eyes, practically begging me to get it for him . . .
Whew! That was a rough one!