"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Saturday, March 31, 2012

March 2012

Recently I have been trying to re-evaluate my time and where I am putting my main focuses in life. I am starting to realize that I can create a lot of my own stress by over doing things. I want to be the super mom and have a blissful home. I want my children to be involved in all kinds of playgroups and activities. I want my husband to have a healthy (and fit) wife so I have been working out a lot. I want to have wonderful memories with pictures and home movies. I want fabulous meals and holiday decorations. Amidst all of my desire for super-mom-ness I think I have created a monster.
Myself.
And so I decided that I shall simplify what I can and find joy now in what I am capable of at this point in my life. Sure there are some tasks that will always be there - diapers, potty training, cooking and cleaning. And sure there are a few things I will keep for my sanity - working out, reading, date nights with my hottie and the occasional girls night out. But I have decided to focus on what is truly important - my boys and my own personal growth as an individual.
Thus - I have decided to cut down the amount of time I spend on the computer and blogging. I do think it is important to keep this as a journal for my family - but I am going to post only once a month and only on other special occasions.
So here goes the month of March:

We had a wonderful weekend with Jason parents here in Las Vegas. They had the boys do a super fun bug hunt in the backyard where we spend most of the weekend. His parents are always so willing and available to help us as we work on our backyard.
We had a fun night out for Uncle James' birthday on St. Patrick's Day.
And green pancakes for breakfast too.
Owen has been growing up and is SUCH a delightful boy. Full of smiles and giggles all the time.
While Jason's parents were here they went with Jason and Jack to the Monster Truck Race. Jack had the time of his life watching the big trucks drive over the cars and ice cream trucks. I still hear all about it every single day.
Jack has started a little pre-preschool class once a week and he looooves to go to school.
We had a fun family night decorating Gavin for St. Patrick's Day. Jack loves to kiss his picture when we visit Gavin. He is starting to say things like "Gavin died cause he was really sick" or "Gavin isn't sick anymore cause he is with Jesus."
We also had a fun couples weekend at my parents' cabin with our awesome friends. Lots of food and laughter!
Jack and Owen are starting to play together a bit more now. Sometimes I hear them belly laughing in the other room and it makes me grin from ear to ear. It may be the best sound ever.
And last, but definitely not least - Jason and I had a great date night at Max Brenner's Chocolate in the Fourm Shops. We ordered a small dinner and big desserts. Oh, how I love my husband!

1 comment:

Kaydee said...

GREAT POST AND AMEN MEN TO SIMPLIFING