"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Monday, May 16, 2011

Come With Me

The other day we went to visit Gavin and I saw this poem engraved on another child's headstone. I do not know who wrote it.

Maybe it is a well known poem - maybe it was written by his mother or father.

Whatever the case may be - that person understands the pain that comes with a child passing away.

The words hit home for me and I thought I would share it.

God saw he was tired and a cure was not to be,

So He put His arms around him and whispered, "Come with me."

With tearful eyes we watched him suffer,

And saw him fade away.

Although we loved him dearly,

We could not make him stay.

A golden heart stopped beating,

Hard working hands to rest.

God broke out hearts to prove to us,

He only takes the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bailey family!http://www.funeral-poems.net/funeral-poem/god-saw-you-getting-tired