"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fathers

Since it was Father's Day on Sunday, I thought it would be appropriate to post this picture and me and my father on my wedding day. It is one of my favorite pictures because it depicts how I see my father. Many see him as a hard working, serious man. . . but in my eyes, he's a fun, kind and loving father. Not only has he provided me with the necessities of life, but he has given me opportunities to grow and develop my talents. He has taught me the meaning of sacrifice as I have watched him and my mother work so hard for our family. Even though I have "grown up" and moved away, he's still my dad and there is something special about the relationship between a father and his daughter. I just hope that I make him proud of me.

And this. . . this is my cute husband and first-time father. Soon, he will have a little guy to follow him around the house and want to do everything that dad does too. It will be fun to watch. There is no doubt in my mind that Jason will be a great dad.

2 comments:

Scott, Amber, and Landon said...

Love the wedding pics! You look so pretty.

ms. marti said...

Since your Dad is my big brother I can tell you that he is pleased with you and your decisions. He wasn't very serious growing up and was always fun loving, has become somewhat serious with adult responsibilities (thank goodness!) but still is a big kid.