"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Happiest Place on Earth


One my favorite childhood memories are our family vacations to Disneyland. It was one of the times I would see my father run like a little child to Pirates of the Caribbean and sing, "Yo Ho Yo Ho - a Pirates Life for Me!" as loud as humanly possible. Usually twice a year my brother James and I would pull out our Disneyland maps from the trip before and map out a route that would take us to all of our favorite rides. We would devise plans to get my parents to buy churros, frozen lemonades and the occasional princess crown for myself. Without fail, we would ride Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad and the Haunted Mansion until the park would close.
Needless to say, it was a blast to go to Disneyland with Brent (Jason's brother), Allison, Mabel and Will last year. Watching Mabel's four year old face light up when she saw Princess Jasmine and listening to Will laugh at Uncle Jason's fear of heights on the Ferris Wheel at California
Adventures brought back all of the memories I have as a little girl at Disneyland. Even going as a "grown up" makes me feel like a kid again.

2 comments:

Scott, Amber, and Landon said...

You guys look so cute in these pictures. Isn't it weird to comprehend that the next time you go to Disneyland you'll be lugging around a little guy? We will definetely have to go on trips together sometime.

ms. marti said...

We'll meet you there - what a great place to make family memories!