"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Our New Home Away From Home


I just don't even know where to begin . . . First of all, I am here in SLC with my mom and Gavin is NOT! There was a staffing problem and they did not have enough nurses to admit Gavin today. As of right now, we are expecting Gavin to be transported at 7:30am tomorrow. We drove up here to SLC this morning and we are now here at the Ronald McDonald House. Never in a million years did I ever think I would stay here. Now that I am here in this situation, I am so grateful. It is a VERY large house with about 20 bedrooms with attached bathrooms. They have a huge kitchen that is always stocked with food and meals at night. It's only $10 a night, and I just don't know what I would do without an establishment like this house. It is only for parents with sick children who are at the hospital. I haven't gotten to talk to many people yet, but I am sure we are all in the same boat here. Never again will I walk or drive passed a Ronald McDonald House Donation Box without dropping money in it. Also, just so everyone knows. . . one of the main ways they collect money is with pop tops. So, EVERYONE SAVE YOUR SODA TOPS! I will take them in and try to repay them. This is just amazing . . . now only if they can help Gavin. . .

2 comments:

Patti said...

We will start our collection of soda can tops and spread the word about this. I feel the same way about the Ronald McDonald House now, too. Thanks for telling us all about it.

I will miss you. I am thinking good thoughts.

Baldwin Fam said...

Lindsay, our prayers are with you. Let me know if there's anything you need done down here while you're away. I'd be happy to do whatever I can.:) Did Gavin show up today?