"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Monday, October 1, 2007

They Branded My Kid!!!

I think this is so funny! You can't see this very well, but here at PCMC they keep tags taped on the babies leg! I guess this is to keep everyone where they are supposed to be!

Today Gavin arrived by airplane in SLC. To our surprise Jason was invited to go on the airplane. He was really anxious and excited to stay with Gavin through his transfer. Jason called in to work and left with Gavin at 11:00 this morning. Jason said Gavin did well during the transport. I was so worried about him having a bad episode in the air. What if he did something really bad and needed more help? Oh well, I guess this is something I don't need to worry about anymore. I am just so glad my boys were able to get here safely.

Once Gavin arrived at PCMC we met with a Social Worker to gather information and then we were FINALLY able to see Gavin. It had been over 24 hours since I had seen him. It was the first day I wasn't with him and it was really hard for me. It was so good to finally see him. We met with a neurology intern who took an extensive history of Gavin. She spent about an hour with us just talking. The neuro team will look at Gavin first thing in the morning and the geneticist will be seeing him on Wednesday. They had a nurse come look at his Gtube. . . that is all she does! A Gtube nurse!!!! It is amazing all the resources they have here. It was good to see that he was doing well, and we are so glad we are in a place that has the resources to help Gavin. It's scary but good.

I am a creature of habit. Anyone who really knows me will know that I have anxiety issues when I am thrown into a new environment and a new schedule. I run at a really high level of anxiety until I know what I am doing and feel comfortable. I like new places, but it really takes me awhile to warm up to new-ness. People are so nice here, but I really miss the staff at Valley Hospital. The NICU in Vegas was only for about 20 babies . . . the NICU here is for 50 babies. It is a wonderful facility, it will just take time to get used to it.

3 comments:

Patti said...

His thighs are beefing up. That makes me smile.

T.Bailey said...

"I'm down with PCMC! Ya you know me!" I feel like I'm the lead singer of Naughty by Nature when I say that:) I love that Gavin kid! He has stolen my heart!

Baldwin Fam said...

That's awesome! Right off the bat you're meeting with the right people (or atleast the ones that you couldn't meet here). I'll take it as a good sign that things are going the right way.:)