"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Friday, October 12, 2007

Gavin Likes His Space!

So, people who know me know that I have a bit of a "personal space issue." It seems that Gavin has inherited this from me! (At least this is something we can laugh about!) Last night I went to the hospital and as I was dressing him, he pushed me away and proceeded to stretch out his cute little arms and legs. He stayed that way for a few minutes and it was fun to capture it.

We still don't know much about his cranial nerve issues, and today the doctor told us that it would be two or three months until we get the results from the CHARGE chromosome test. More likely than not, we will go home without a diagnosis. I am okay with that. . . at least it gives room for hope. He is doing much better with his breathing if we consistently suction him, and he is starting to cough. Coughing is a HUGE deal since it means he is learning to manage his lung secretions better. Now if we could just learn to swallow. . . who knew it was such a big deal?

Starting next week or the week after, we will take out the NJ tube from his nose and start feeding him through his G Tube again. The G Tube is looking much better and is healing well. We are still battling the pneumonia, staff and strep infections with antibiotics and when they are cleared up we will be able to have him be IV free! (That means no more needles in the head.)

Jason is flying in to SLC today, and I am getting ready to go get him. Hopefully we will have some fun daddy/son pictures to post this weekend!

4 comments:

Scott, Amber, and Landon said...

Gosh, every picture I see of him I think he is so dang cute. We really miss you guys. I hope your weeks will get better and better as time passes.

AJ and Jessica said...

Linz! He is so cute. That is so funny he has a space bubble! Those little arms and legs are adorable!

T.Bailey said...

STRETCH- I love his cute personality! He makes me smile :)

Kerri Marie said...

Lindsay, I just wanted to let you know that you are in me and T.J.'s prayers. Gavin is addorable. I can't believe all the hair he has! You can feel his sweet spirit just radiating from the pictures. We iss you in primary and hope you are able to come home soon.