"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Jason's Christmas Gift

In November I decided to attempt a patchwork quilt using the few outfits Gavin wore for Jason's Christmas gift this year. We talked about what we would do with Gavin's old clothes (I could never dress another child in his clothes) and we decided we would just put them in the box Jason's brother Brent made for all of Gavin's toys, clothes, etc. One night I was feeling ultra lonely and I wished I had something to cuddle with that belonged to Gavin. . . and then I had the idea of a quilt. I thought it would be nice to have something of Gavin's that you could touch and love. I spent quite a few hours working on the blanket and I had to be sneaky so Jason wouldn't see it. Sewing really isn't my "thing" so I felt like I had accomplished quite a bit when I was able to give the blanket to Jason on Christmas Eve. Here are a few pictures of the quilt . . .

I never EVER thought I would have time to do something like this. It was actually kinda fun!


Merry Christmas Daddy!


7 comments:

Tiffani said...

That is so precious! What a great idea to be able to cuddle up with something of Gavin's.

T.Bailey said...

By far the best Christmas gift EVER!! You are awesome Lindsay. I love you guys.

Malia said...

Wow! That is SO incredible! I love it!

Baldwin Fam said...

I love the blanket idea! Some, I guess you'd call them, step aunts of mine made each of my siblings and I a blanket of my dad's shirts after he passed away and we cherish them. I'm sure Jason does too. :)

-erika :) said...

The blanket turned out so well! You did an awesome job.

Cindy said...

Okay...I think that is the sweetest thing I have ever seen! What a great idea to always have a pece of him right next to ya.You did excellent :0)I haven't conquered sewing either...I hope to one day learn but right now I just flat out don't have any time.

alli may said...

That turned out awesome!!! You are so talented in so many ways-especially to do something so close to your heart that will mean so much to both of you forever.