"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley



I had a flood of emotions when I heard about the passing of our Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley last night. I felt sad - he has been our prophet through my most critical years and even through my "teenage decisions" (which weren't always good ones) I always felt his love - always. When he spoke I felt like he was talking directly to me. That is a real gift and I will miss that. However; I also felt so much joy for him. I can only imagine the greetings he must have had on the other side as he met with his wife and other loved ones, knowing he had been a faithful servant of our Savior. What an amazing man! We sometimes joke that there must have been one kickin' party when Gavin returned home . . . I can only imagine what kind of party they had for President Hinckley!


This is one of President Hinckley's quotes from his wife Marjorie's funeral in 2004. I keep it in my scriptures and read it often:

Put Your Trust in God
It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is.
It all works out. Don’t worry.
I say that to myself every morning.
It will all work out.
Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future.
The Lord will not forsake us.
He will not forsake us.
If we will put our trust in Him,
if we will pray to Him,
if we will live worthy of His blessings,
He will hear our prayers.

- President Gordon B. Hinckley -
(From the funeral program for Marjorie Pay Hinckley, April 10, 2004)

3 comments:

LuDLoW LiFe said...

He was such a cute man, with such a great sense of humor. We will all miss him so mcuh, but can you imagine the reunion with his sweet wife on the other side. WOW!

Malia said...

What a sweet poem. I love it.

Theresa Rodriguez said...

I hope you dont mind i am stealing your quote to put in my scriptures too. That was so powerful. Thanks for your sweet post.