"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This year we spent Thanksgiving in Vegas with my family. My saint-of-a-mother has made every single Thanksgiving meal since she was married. And year after year she plays a wonderful hostess. I truly admire her. Maybe next Thanksgiving with my family it will be my turn to play hostess!
We had so much fun watching Jack eat turkey, potatoes and pumpkin pie.


And we HAD to dress him up in this adorable corduroy jacket.
The holidays still have a certain heartache that is a constant reminder of missing Gavin. I still find myself wanting to be alone during times like this. Socially, the holidays are difficult. Sitting at lunch I couldn't help but think of how I wished I had both of my boys. It took all I had to hold back the tears multiple times over the weekend.
However, it was also a perfect time to reflect and remember the important things in life. This life is about "becoming." There are so many times I find myself loosing sight of that. It's good to have days like this to remind me.
I have so much to be thankful for this year. We have received blessing after blessing. And I am truly grateful for all of them. I love my family. I love my friends. I love my life experiences and how they have shaped my life. I love my Savior and Heavenly Father who have never ever left my side. I love the joy that has filled my life.
And of course . . . the Mortensen girls are ALWAYS thankful for dessert!

No comments: