"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Jack's First Disneyland Experience

We spent two days at Disneyland. I was somewhat apprehensive taking Jack to Disneyland for a few reasons. First of all, he hates his stroller. I can't get him to sit in it for more than five minutes. Second, he is in a tantrum phase right now. Everything is a battle. I was worried Disneyland may just be too much for him - but we decided to give it a try anyway.
I am so glad we did!
He loved it!
He wasn't scared on any ride (except for the Toy Story ride at California Adventure) and he made it through two days without naps or any significant tantrum.
Even Jason commented that this was such a fun trip - and he is not a Disneyland kind of guy.
For me, Disneyland is full of childhood memories. We went at least twice a year when I was young. I wanted Jack to have the same kind of experience. (You know how we do that to our kids? Force them to relive our childhood memories in the hope that they will feel the same?)
Anyway, I really was a great time and here are a few pictures in no particular order.
Jack and "pawhh" having a serious discussion about the fun time to be had at Disneyland
Jack seemed a bit nervous on the swinging Ferris wheel - but he was a tough guy and didn't cry!

Jack crashed every single night

James, Lauren, Grandma Cindy, Jason, Jack, Becca, Grandpa Dave and Me
Jack LOVES "Mouse" so we decided a shirt was in order

Jack and his Dad



Seriously, the trip was so much fun. I loved watching Jack see everything for the first time. Jason and I decided that season passes were in order next year. WOOHOO!

No comments: