"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Monday, February 4, 2008

Happy Memories

Tonight I went to decorate Gavin's grave with Valentine's Day decorations. As I was sitting there I was reflecting on some of the happiest moments of my life. Instantly this picture came to mind. I don't think I ever blogged about the circumstances around this picture . . . but every time I look at it I laugh. This picture was taken at PCMC in October during one of our physical therapy sessions with Gavin. Poor Gavin had just had too much fun for the afternoon and fell right to sleep in his Boppy pillow on the floor during physical therapy! We tried and tried to wake him back up, but he seemed to be so comfortable, so we just let him sleep on the floor. I laid there for about an hour with him and I talked and sang to him. Yeah, I know he wasn't able to hear - but I guess it's a mother's instinct to talk to her son. This was one of the happiest days of my life. I treasure the memory of laying on a hospital floor (gross - I know) and singing to my sleeping son. It's one of the moments I felt like a "normal" mom and I cherish these happy memories.

Aren't these pictures great?! NO NICU CRIB!!!!! :)



What a cute little sleeping bug!

5 comments:

LuDLoW LiFe said...

What a sweet little guy! Those memories are precious!

Malia said...

Those pictures are SO sweet...love them. Love the memories.

T.Bailey said...

He is so cute and so amazing. I love seeing you with him in those pictures. You can see how much you love him.

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

I just found your blog and I have gone back reading through the posts. I can honestly say I don't know how many tissues I went through. He is such a cute baby and you can just tell in the pictures he has a sweet spirit.
Natali (Massey) McKee

the gregory's said...

that was so touching, you make me appreciate everyday that I have with my baby!!