"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas in Heaven

A friend of mine sent this poem to me. It's difficult to be without those we love during the holiday season. I thought the second Christmas would be easier . . . it really wasn't. Holidays just aren't the same now. They are not care free and easy to enjoy. Every time I see all of my family gathered together I am reminded that my son isn't there.
How grateful I am for the gift of the atonement and the opportunity we have to celebrate Christ's birth at this time of year. It is because of His sacrifice that we will be with our families forever and that death cannot separate us forever. Celebrating the birth of our Savior has a whole new meaning to me now.
This poem brings perspective and helps me remember that they really aren't that far away from us.


I see the countless Christmas Trees around the world below
With tiny lights, like heaven’s stars, reflecting in the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear,
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can’t compare with the Christmas Choir up here.
I have no words to tell you, but the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description to hear the Angels sing.

I send you each a special gift from my heavenly home above,
I send you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, “LOVE” is the gift more precious than pure gold,
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.

Please love and keep each other, as our Father said to do,
For I can’t count the blessings or love He has for you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear,
Remember, I’m spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

Merry Christmas Gavin.

2 comments:

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

I love that you still put pictures of Gavin up. I love his hair! What a great poem.

Adventures in Healing said...

Honestly, I think the second Christmas without my mom was harder than the first. The first time with the holidays you are still sort of in shock. The second time it's real. After that I think you can really start to heal. Not that it ever goes away or necessarily becomes much easier...but it becomes less prominent and just, different.