"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Monday, May 24, 2010

Bereavement Panel (Part Two)

At first, I was going to write about the questions asked to the panel. On second thought - I decided it would be better to not.
I found that so many of us who belong to this "club" have the same questions. Everyone deals with things differently and grief is an individual process for each person. I recognize not everyone may feel the way I do. We are all entitled to our own way of dealing and grieving.
Therefore, I decided that if you have a question, please post a comment and I will answer. You can ask anonymously or by name. You don't have to have lost a child to ask a question.
Nothing is off limits.
You can ask anything.

4 comments:

Brittanie said...

Interesting how you speak of them just trying to survive. I don't remember most of the first two months after Cora's death, it was all a blur. I didn't realize how much in "survival mode" I was, until quite a while later when I was talking to a woman with a recent loss, who was still there.

My question is this: how long before Gavin died did you realize he was going to die? Was it a surprise or did you see it coming? Do you think that affected how you dealt with it?

Malia said...

I love everything you do, Lindsay. If I think of a question, I'll ask. For now I'm just looking forward to seeing how you answer!

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but since Gavin had so many disabilities, do you think it was best for him, (and you), that he is not suffering in this life anymore?

My daughter was born with bleeding on her brain, and died two weeks later. I often wonder if I would have wanted her to live with severe disabilities, or if I should be glad she passed on. :( Should I stop feeling sorry for myself and count my blessings that I don't have to raise a child with severe disabilities? Should I feel guilty for thinking that way?
Take care,
~Torn-In-Half~

Anonymous said...

What DON'T you want to hear after having a child pass away? I have a couple of friends/family who are dealing with their loss and I find myself saying nothing for fear of what I should and shouldn't say. I know that probably isn't the best thing to do, but I am guilty of it.