"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

26 Week Checkup on Baby!

Today we had another visit with our Perinatologist. It's always exciting and scary to get such detailed reports on the baby. It was a good visit and things are still looking great with this little guy. He now weighs 1 lb. 13 oz. (almost 2 lbs!) and he is measuring right on track in all other aspects. The cardiologist told us that his heart looks perfect and that he will come check the baby before we take him home from the hospital - just to reassure us that things look good. (They cater to my anxiety really well - and I love them for that.) We were able to count ten fingers and ten toes and we loved watching him move around. Right now he is in a breach position, but we still have plenty of time for him to flip and move into the correct position.
Here are a few pictures we got this time :
It's kinda hard to see . . . but this is his face. Can you believe they can already see hair on this little monkey?! I know it's such a silly thing, but knowing that he has hair makes me so happy. Maybe he will have a full head of hair like his older brother!
Here is one of this cute feet - I can't wait to kiss his little toes!
And another picture of his face and cute chubby cheeks.
The doctors are still being very cautious with this pregnancy. We know all too well how delicate human life is. We will meet again with the perinatologist in about six weeks and after that he will be monitoring the baby's movement twice a week in his office until he is born. I will meet with my regular OB on a normal schedule - but he has given us very strict guidelines for the last trimester. It's a lot of appointments, but we will do any and everything that we need to so that we can have peace of mind and the best care for this little guy. We just want him here happy and healthy.

6 comments:

Malia said...

I am SO glad they're taking such good care of you and this little guy! I'm so glad he's got lots of hair like his brother! He's gonna be so handsome!

Brandon and Teresa R said...

I am so glad to hear things are going well. Isn't it nice to live in 2008 where you can receive this kind of care?? I am glad they are catering to your anxiety, I think I would seriously have a therapist with me at every appointment if I were you. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Sharp Family said...

Congrats!!! I am so glad to hear that everything is going well! I bet it's quite reasurring for you and your hubby! Ok so this might sound weird, but I think he looks like Gavin! I have an ultrasound picture of Crew from one of my perinatologist appts. and it looks just like him! Kinda sounds crazy but I see it!!

Debbie Freeman said...

I love the little feet and I can't believe all that hair. 2 lbs already?! How fun to have such great pictures. The updates are great!! Glad to know everything is going well.

The Strand Family said...

lookin' good!

T.Bailey said...

Poor kid- those chubby Bailey cheeks are a curse :)