"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Monday, October 6, 2008

Rejuvenation

I have to admit I have been feeling a little overwhelmed lately. Life is busy - my world is still in the midst of accepting change - we are preparing for Jason's MBA graduation and we are getting excited to have this sweet baby boy come to our family in January. There are so many changes about to occur and it all seems overwhelming. Good - but overwhelming.

This past weekend Jason and I went with some of my family to my parents' cabin for General Conference weekend. (To learn more about General Conference visit this site www.lds.org.) It was a perfect weekend and perfect chance to rejuvenate our physical and spiritual selves. I came home feeling uplifted and determined to be a better person.


As I sat in the cabin on a rainy Saturday and Sunday, I listened to the prophet and apostles of our church talk about hope, peace and faith. One of the most prominent thoughts I had was that we have every reason to rejoice - even in the midst of trials. Many times I had the overwhelming feeling to "just hang in there" and I would see the reward.


I think it was Elder Worthlin who said this . . . "Come what may and love it." I assume this man has had many trials of his own - he was not belittling the trials we encounter in this life - but it was a sweet reminder that we have the ability to control what trials make of us. Will we let them destroy us? Or will we take what we can from them and become a stronger and more faithful person because of the trials we experience throughout this mortal life?


Yesterday as Jason and I drove home, I realized I had been rejuvenated in more than one way.

No comments: