"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Friday, October 10, 2008

Aunt Becca

Gavin was very lucky boy to know his a sweet Aunt Becca. This first picture was taken just a few hours before he passed away. He is looking at Becca with such intensity . . . I wonder what he is telling her. What is he communicating without words? What wisdom would Gavin share with his Aunt Becca?



This morning my mom called me to tell me about a conversation she had with Becca last night. Becca attends Utah Valley University full time and also keeps a full time job (her own desire) helping take care of adults with special needs who are trying to live a normal, independent life. Every day she goes into their homes and helps take care of their physical and mental needs. We always love to hear how much she loves these people and how much they contribute to her life. I think they truly make her happy.

Apparently last night, Becca was able to take one gentleman to a church activity. She met his family and they expressed such gratitude to her for loving and caring for their son. I believe Becca does an amazing job at caring for these individuals.

As a mother of a special needs child - my heart is touched when I hear about people like Becca. I have so much love a gratitude to all the people who took care of and loved Gavin. I know that he would be happy that his Aunt Becca is helping and loving other people. It takes an amazing person to be able to care for these amazing people. I know that if Gavin needed someone to help take care of him - his Aunt Becca would be the perfect choice.

3 comments:

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Oh I just adore those pictures of Gavin. His cute little hands and him sleeping and gazing up at her. So precious!

She has a great talent that is rare in this world. That is awesome.

Sam and Lacey said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on our blog. Thank you for attending the temple on that special day with us. We really felt the love of all of your thoughts. Thank you so much!

The Strand Family said...

What sweet & touching pictures. Treasure those photos. I reallly admire your family & their grace. I was watching your mom at church yesterday and she is such a kind & gentle woman. I love how James bears his testomny each month. We'll miss that when he moves out of the ward.