"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gavin's First Heaven Day

Dear Gavin,

Today has been a whirlwind of emotions. It has been one year since you returned home to our Heavenly Father. I approached this day with such anxiety over the feelings we would have today. I was surprised this morning when I woke up with an overwhelming feeling of peace and calmness. I felt you by my side all morning as your dad and I walked over to the cemetery and spent time with you. Later that morning we went over to the Ronald McDonald House and dropped off all the pop tops we have been collecting this year. A sweet lady at the House noticed that you are going to have a baby brother and she gave us a beautiful blue and white blanket.

Tonight we went to the Temple with Grandma Cindy, Grandpa Dave, Uncle James and Aunt Lauren. It was a perfect way to conclude a day that was full of memories and spiritual experiences. I couldn't imagine a more perfect place to be. It was good to feel you so close.

As I have reflected on the day you left our arms I have been reminded of how many blessings and tender mercies we have been granted throughout this past year and three months. The night you returned to our Heavenly Father was a calm and surreal experience for all of us. Your dad and I felt so much peace and we knew that your mission was complete. I am amazed that you were able to accomplish so much in your brief time here on earth. You have changed so much for so many people.

There is no doubt that we miss you, Gavin. My arms ache so much to pick you up and love you. I miss having your calming presence in my life at every moment. I wish I could kiss you and rock you all day long. But, I know that the day we can see you again we will understand - and that will be a beautiful day. Keep working hard and know that your daddy and I love you very, very much. You are our beautiful angel baby.

I love you Bug,
Momma





Here are some pictures of us dropping off the pop tops at the Las Vegas Ronald McDonald House.


And the blanket they gave us for Gavin's new little brother.

1 comment:

cassi said...

What a great idea to bring the pop tops that day- I love that you take these days and remember to make a positive impact on others by doing something Gavin would be so happy you are doing that day. You are a wonderful example!