"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Gavin's Christmas Tree


Each year in Salt Lake City, UT they set up the Festival of Trees. This is an auction for decorated Christmas Trees and the proceeds go to Primary Children's Medical Center. Families or organizations can decorate a tree and then the Festival of Trees opens to the public and people are able to bid on the trees. In honor of Gavin, Jason's wonderful family (extended members and all) decorated a tree to celebrate Gavin's life. In the picture you can see one of the little lamb blankets that Gavin loved so much. It's a beautiful tree and I feel so honored that Jason's family would think to do such a wonderful tribute to Gavin and provide such generous donations to Primary Children's Medical Center. It's a beautiful tree and I just bawled when I saw the picture Jason's father sent to us. What a wonderful blessing to have married into a family that is so loving, kind and thoughtful. This tree really means a lot to me for many different reasons. Not only does it represent my sweet son, but it helps Primary Children's Medical Center. This hospital is a non-profit hospital designated especially for children like my Gavin . . . and it truly did help him. What a wonderful way to help other children with the donations from the bids on the Christmas Trees. So, thank you to all of the members who helped decorate this tree. It means so much to us.

3 comments:

Henich Family said...

That IS so beautiful in every way!!!!

alli may said...

it turned out so amazing.

Mandy said...

Lindsay


This is Mandy (Brown) Hansen. I stumbled on your blog the other day. I must admit you have been heavy on my mind lately.

I wanted to post and tell you that I was at Festival of Trees and saw Gavins tree. It was really special and my mom and I both teared up. My mother in law is actually the chair of festival of trees and so I go every year. You said it best. Festival of trees is a wonderful organization that does amazing things for the children at PCMC. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Mandy