"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Something To Look Forward To!



These past few months have been overwhelming and exhausting physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. So, we need a little break. My parents thought of this idea way before we did . . . but we need a VACATION! We need a chance to get away and recuperate. They think a change of scenery will help us and I am sure it will. Jason and I had a wonderful time on Maui in 2006 and I am sure our upcoming trip to The Big Island of Hawaii in January will be awesome too. It's a funny story how we got the airplane tickets . . . my cute mom earned them with her bum! Literally! No kidding! My family went to Hawaii this past June, but since I was REALLY pregnant I couldn't go. (However; my dad tried to talk Jason into going just for a few days and leaving me at home alone. HEH HEH HEH) Anyway, my family was sitting in first class on the way home from Hawaii and the airlines overbooked the section. They asked if anyone would volunteer to sit coach for a free airline ticket anywhere and my mom said she would. Then Matt negotiated their way to two free tickets anywhere - my crazy 16 year old brother! So between Matt's negotiation skills and mom sitting in coach . . . Jason and I are reaping the benefits! It really will be nice to get away and have some time for the two of us to be together. I am really looking forward to the trip! So . . . THANKS MOM AND MATTY your bum and negotiation skills are awesome! :)

5 comments:

Patti said...

This post was so YOU. Love it.

Malia said...

How fun! This will be so good for you guys. I'm kinda envious...it is SO cold here!

-erika :) said...

I'm a little jealous. I am excited to go to Dallas, but I have to say... Dallas vs Hawaii... I think Hawaii would win! :) I hope you guys have a good time. It will be nice to have some time just for the two of you.

alli may said...

i'm so excited for you!

T.Bailey said...

I'm all about using bums for benefits. Wait- is that too non-p.c. for a blog?