"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Gavin's Poem

He let me have you for just a little while;
God gave you to me to make me smile.
You came into the world so quiet and small;
I knew from the start you stole it all.
A place in my soul, my arms, my heart;
You had it all . . . right from the start.
Your little fingers wrapped around mine;
We knew we had you for only a short time.
Your beautiful blue eyes, they captured my love;
Like an angel you were sent to me from above.
A love you gave, so perfect and true;
A perfect boy born into a world you didn't have to go through.
You were too perfect, too innocent and pure;
I knew I'd do anything for you, of that I was sure.
I think I did all a good mother could do;
And then I realized this wasn't up to me or you.
For you we fought, and struggled and prayed;
And then it all seemed to make sense one day.
Your time grew short, we knew you would go home;
And once again, we would be left alone.
You endured so much and put up a courageous fight;
But now, my mother arms ache to hold you tight.
Tender moments of time we were all given;
Before we had to send you back to heaven.
Father, hold my baby in sweet arms of thine;
Until once again I can hold him in mine.

To small to pick up a stone;

He moved a mountain, grew weary and went home.

- author unknown


4 comments:

T.Bailey said...

Lindsay- it's beautiful. I love it. It is perfect and wonderful- just like Gav.

Lori said...

Lindsay, I hope you don't mind but I was asking the office how you were doing, this is Lori, I use to work with you at Alverson Taylor, I was in your Dad's group and someone told me about your page. I just want to say that I am so sorry to hear about Gavin and I can't imagine what you are going through, just wanted you to know that my thoughts are with you and your family.

Lori

Baldwin Fam said...

That poem is perfect. It fits just right.

alli may said...

you're beautiful linds!