"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


I know I am a little late on the Thanksgiving thing . . . but it has been a super busy weekend. Jason and I had both of our families here in Las Vegas and a few cousins, nieces, nephews, grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles. We had about thirty people for dinner and it was crazy but fun! We are so lucky to have wonderful families that get along so well. Thanksgiving was a difficult day for me - it was really tough going through this first holiday without Gavin. I just always felt like someone was missing. It was all I could do to just be there - I was in survival mode that day. I told my mom that it was difficult just to be there - not because I didn't want to be there - because I really felt Gavin's absence that day. Throughout this weekend I have really had a moment to reflect on what I am grateful for . . . I could go on and on. I am thankful for my sweet husband and my son Gavin. My two boys have taught me so much and I never knew I could love two boys the way I do! I also thought about how wonderful families are and how much I love both my family and Jason's family. We have wonderful parents and siblings who love each other and have a fun time together. This weekend has meant a lot to me while reflecting on how I feel about my family and friends. I love you guys!

1 comment:

Angie&Blake said...

Happy Holidays to you and your family! This is Angie (Sanders) Brinkerhoff. I went to high school with Jason. Don't know if he remembers me- we were in the school play together..??..Anyway, I found this link from the h.s. blog. I am so very sorry to hear about your little guy, Gavin! My prayers are with you both! Just thought I would get in touch with you and say hello! I hope you both enjoy the holidays and would love to hear from you! -angsandbrink@yahoo.com
~Angie