"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Best Daddy Ever!

Today was Jason's first Father's Day. It was a little bit bittersweet - but I have to say, he is one of the most devoted fathers I have ever seen. I never doubted that Jason would be a wonderful father, but he by far exceeded any expectations I may have had. I have never seen a dad love a little boy more than how I saw Jason love Gavin and I know that love was reciprocated by Gavin. I know I have talked about it before, but there was one weekend in particular at PCMC where I saw Gavin's love for his daddy. Jason walked into the room and Gavin's eyes opened so wide and his little legs started to kick. The doctors say that he had little (if any) eyesight, but Gavin knew when his dad walked into that room for the first time that weekend. So, Jason, Happy Father's Day. I know it's not what you anticipated, but you are an amazing father. Gavin is a lucky boy to have you for a daddy.





3 comments:

Marcae said...

What a special day for Jason. He is definitely blessed to be Gavin's daddy. Those are such sweet pictures. I hope you guys enjoyed your day.
You're new floor looks great. What a project, but well worth it.
P.S. I love the new look of your blog.

T.Bailey said...

A great dad and a great mom. You two are wonderful and amazing. I love you both.

Kajsa Farnsworth said...

Isn't it amazing how you see your spouse in a whole new light through the love of your child? You can see so much love in these pictures - it's just amazing.

p.s. I haven't been by for a week or so... love the new blog template!