"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Left to Tell by: Immaculee Ilibagiza

I have joined a book club! It's something I have always wanted to do, but never seemed to find the time or the people. One of my friends started a book club and we had our first meeting a few nights ago. We decided to read Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilbagiza. This is a true story written by a survivor of the Rwandan Holocaust in the 1990's. I really don't want to give the story away, but I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It's a book about finding God and hope in the most awful of circumstances. She has such a clear concept of God, Jesus, hope and the after life. Anyway, if you are looking for a summer read . . . I recommend this one!

3 comments:

Malia said...

Oooh! I am always looking for a good book AND I am obsessed with Africa. This is a MUST GET! Thanks Linds!

cassi said...

Hi, I had left a comment a few days ago and recently made my blog "invited only". If you wanted to view my blog too, please email me at
cassi_72{at}yahoo{dot}com . Anyways, again, I hope you aren't minding that I read your blog. It just helps finding someone who has gone through something similar to what I have.

-erika :) said...

My mom recommended that one to me as well (it's one of her favorites) and I also thought it was such an intriging story. The things that she experiences are things no person should ever have to, but it gives you hope that we can get through our trials as well.