"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Escape : The Carolyn Jessop Story

Another book club pick has fascinated me this month! The laundry remains unfolded. The dishes in the sink. The house a disaster. All because of this book . . .

So fascinating. So messed up. So unbelievable. And so liberating. I loved this book about Carolyn's escape from the FLDS organization in Colorado City. I am truly inspired by women who have this kind of courage. Read it. I dare you. Bet you won't be able to put it down!

5 comments:

LuDLoW LiFe said...

I read that book and I agree that you CAN'T put it down! She was amazing

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Thanks, I just reserved it from the Library! I have to get a lot of my books on audio because my house goes to crap as well, so I kind of alternate with an audio while I do the dishes and a paper back one for other times.

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Remember me? Trish's mission friend--I haven't left a comment in a long time but I've been keeping up. Sorry--I deleted the last comment. I didn't realize I was logged into google under my husband's account. Didn't want you to be confused!
I am reading this book right now. I feel like I'm reading a piece of fiction, because it's just so crazy that this can happen right here in the United States. The things that she describes are just insane! Thanks for recommending it, though! I look forward getting to the liberating part! Jack is adorable, by the way!

Adventures in Healing said...

I am going to be the only one at book club saying I wish I hadn't read it almost. It left me so bothered and I was so glad to be done with it. But at the same time I think it's something more people need to know about.