"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Sunday, July 20, 2008

6th Wedding Anniversary

Today Jason and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. I have to say that marrying Jason was the BEST decision I have ever made.
Dating
Jason and I met at SUU during our sophomore year of college. He had just returned from his mission, but was very well adjusted to being "home." We hung out as friends a few times and Jason asked me out on our first date at the university Halloween dance. Our first date ended up being on Halloween night . . . and it was so much fun. We watched scary movies and ate Starburst ice cream and spent a long time talking and getting to know each other. I knew from that night that I never wanted to date another boy again. We had so much fun dating and falling in love. I knew after dating him for only a few months that this was the boy I wanted to marry.
(I can't believe how young we look in these photos from when we were dating!)

Our Wedding
Jason and I were married in the Salt Lake City temple on July 20, 2002. I really felt like I had the wedding of my dreams. Everything about the day was beautiful. I felt so much gratitude that we were able to be sealed as an eternal family - it means so much to us. We had a beautiful reception that night at Magnolia Grove and then left for a week Honeymoon in San Diego, CA.


Traveling

Over the past six years Jason and I have really enjoyed traveling and seeing different parts of the world. That was one thing I always wanted to do . . . and I have the perfect traveling buddy. Jason and I have been to some beautiful places and enjoyed so many different cultures.

Our Little Gavin

Last July we welcomed our sweet Gavin James to our family. His life and passing has been such a trial and blessing in our lives. I often think about how different my life would have been if I wouldn't have married such a faithful and strong man . . . and how much more difficult losing a child would have been with someone other than Jason. He was (and still is) my voice of reason through the pain and the sorrow. But, most importantly, he is the most amazing father. I saw love radiate from him every minute we had Gavin with us. Jason is such a proud father and a wonderful example for me to follow. Our family is eternal. The covenants that we made six years ago make it so that we can get out of bed every day and find hope in the Plan of Salvation and the knowledge of eternal families. I often wonder if Gavin was there the day that Jason and I were sealed to each other. I can only imagine the comfort he must have felt knowing that his parents were taking the steps to prepare for what would be a difficult journey. That decision to be an eternal family has been our strength and our foundation for all that we are able to do.


Six Years of Bliss

Jason and I have had so many wonderful years together. When he proposed to me he promised me that he would make me laugh each and every day. He has lived up to that promise. Even through the trials we have had this past year, our relationship has grown even stronger. We lean on each other more and we have a more dedicated goal to return to our Heavenly Father and be with our family for eternity. Like I said before . . . this was the best decision I ever made.

Our Hopes for the Future

I think this picture says it all. We have hope.

8 comments:

Marcae said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! I hope you had a fantastic day!

Malia said...

You are both so wonderful (and really a great looking couple)! You deserve each other! Love that last picture!

cassi said...

That was sweet to read! You have such a cute family!

Jessica said...

We don't know each other, but I just wanted you to know how your story has forever touched my heart. You are a very wonderful and inspiring person. I have grown to love your special spirit and your beautiful baby boy. I have a son who is 20 days older than Gavin and that makes Gavin even more special to me. I would like to add your link to my blog, because I find your story so inspiring and I would love other people to get now your special family because you have changed my life and I know through your story and your strong testimony in the gospel you can change many other people's lives as well. I also want you to know. We are thinking of you, I'm sure with his special birthday coming up it must be even more difficult for you and your family. I just wanted you to know that even strangers are thinking of you and are here to support you. Please let me know sometime if you wouldn't mind me adding you link and if you don't want you link added I hope you don't mind if I keep you as my own special secret for inspiration.

Debbie Freeman said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love all the pictures from the past and the most recent ones are so fun to see too!!

Mom+Girls said...

Congratulations!!You look so cute on every picture, you guys are a prefect couple!

T.Bailey said...

Too stinkin' cute. You are perfect for each other. I love you both- and I too have hope!

Baldwin Fam said...

You're so cute. I love how you remember to express your love and appreciation for Jason. It seems like we let things pass us by just like any other day over here. :) Happy Anniversary!