"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!
We had a really fun 4th of July with my dad's family at the cabin. We spent the morning in Parowan, UT at the parade. I didn't have high expectations for this parade . . . but I was pleasantly surprised. It was such a fun small-town feel and we absolutely loved it. The parade floats threw candy along the streets and it was fun to watch my cute cousins (and Matt . . . and Jason) run to grab the treats. It was a little bittersweet - we were missing our little Gavin so much. All I could think of was how much fun we would have had decorating his stroller, taking him to the parade and showing him fireworks. Someday we will have our turn. :)
Here are a few fun pictures from our 4th of July celebrations at the parade.
The group of us at the parade.Anyone could be in the parade . . . and I mean ANYONE.

The kids made a haul with their candy and toys they collected at the parade!

Matt, Mom and Me
Jason was excited when the grocery store's float threw out paper towels. I'm still not quite sure why he was so excited about them. heh heh heh
Grandma Molly laughing at Matt and Jason with their Smokey the Bear Frisbees.



And, this may be my favorite picture of the weekend. Poor Matt was kicked out of his bed so he decided to sleep outside on the hammock. He looks so thrilled, huh?

I hope everyone else had a great 4th of July! We are so grateful for the people who made this country a place where we can have freedom.

3 comments:

Kaydee said...

Lindsey,
What a fun 4th of July. I love your long hair...you look great!! We should get together soon!!

Brandon and Teresa R said...

Lindsey,
It has been along time, I don't know if you remember me from school. I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I have thought of you plenty. It makes all the college 'drama' so embarassing, I hope it's not too little to late, Gavin is adorable and beautiful. Please keep in touch! Teresa Rodriguez (Smith)

Henich Family said...

Jason and Lindsay,

CONGRATS...how exciting. Can't wait to see you at the reunion in August!

love, Andrea