"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Fun

Jason and I have done some really fun things this summer.
Here are a few pictures . . .
Jason's Trip to China
Jason had a really great time in China for two weeks in May. He said the best part was visiting the Great Wall of China. He came home with a little over 300 pictures (good boy Jason!), but here are just a few.

Oh . . . and this is what the street vendors sell. Scorpions and Seahorses on a stick.
Hungry anyone?

Our Bailey Summer Vacation

We had a very nice weekend with Jason's family late in June. We stayed at my parents' cabin and played in Cedar City most of the weekend. It was so great so spend some time with his family (even if I was pregnancy-sick all weekend) and see my cute niece and nephews!

Our Night at the Venetian

Jason and decided to spend a Friday night at the Venetian in June. Jason had just returned from his China trip and we wanted to celebrate the pregnancy news we received the month before. I have to admit, I wasn't much fun . . . all I wanted to do was eat and sleep. We did, however, get these awesome bathrobes that we just had to model! :)
A Weekend With Friends

Two weekends ago we met up with some friends in Utah. They actually both knew Jason from high school, but we have become very close over this past year. They also lost their sweet son, and it was nice to get together and talk about our cute boys. It is interesting the people we meet in life and how we meet them. I feel like I have known this couple for a long time - and I can't help but wonder if our two boys helped line us up to meet. They are just an amazing couple and we love them so much!

Girls Camp

And last, but not least. . . last weekend we were invited to the church girls' camp to talk about eternal families and our experience with Gavin. They spray painted our hair green as soon as we got there and we were able to have dinner with them as well. Expressing our testimonies in eternal families has been such a strength to me . . .it helps me remember why "this" is okay. I think the girls liked looking at Gavin's pictures and I hope they were able to connect to the lessons and testimony that we have in this gospel.

2 comments:

Baldwin Fam said...

Umm, seriously now, do people eat those scorpions and seahorses or are they for decoration? Yuck.

cassi said...

That looks like a great summer! I can't believe those scorpions! That is neat that you went to girls camp to talk about Gavin and sharing your testimonies with them. I bet they learned a lot from your sweet family.