"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter 2008

HAPPY EASTER! This weekend Jason's parents were in town and we had a wonderful Easter morning with them before they headed back to Salt Lake City. After church, Jason and I met up with my parents, siblings and grandparents at the cemetary to spend some time with Gavin before our Easter dinner at mom and dad's house. Easter has a more personal meaning to us this year. Of course, I have always believed in the resurrection . . . but I now find myself looking forward to that day on a more personal level when Jason, Gavin and I will be together again. I thought it would be a difficult holiday for us, but it actually turned out to be a sweet and uplifting day. I loved being in primary and hearing the children talk about Easter and what it really means to them.

I just wanted to post a few pictures from today!
These are apple dumplings - and they are SO good! This was the first time I made them, but they were perfect for Easter breakfast with Jason's parents.
Jason and I took an Easter basket over to Gavin in the morning.

Jason's parents brought Gavin a cute little bunny for Easter.


My family had a nice time visiting with each other and spending a little time with Gavy.

Uncle James, Uncle Matt and Daddy visting with Gavin.

2 comments:

alli may said...

you are looking so good by the way. I hope you'll say hi to Gavvy for us. We love and miss him so much. You can bet that we had a conversation with the kids, initiated by the kids, about Gavin this weekend. love you lots!

Kate Rosenvall said...

It looks like you guys had a very special Easter this year. I'm just getting caught up on your blog and I'm so glad to hear that things are looking "up" regarding a future pregnancy. Going though my 2nd pregnancy has definitely been a joy, but has also brought on a little bit of anxiety. Even though our amnio came back 100% normal, back in my mind I wonder if there could be some problems undetectable. However, you said it just right...that you have to go on faith and know that things happen for a reason and we are blessed because of our faith. Good luck to the both of you....I know it's a very difficult decision.
Hope you have a great day!