"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Gavin's Headstone is FINALLY Finished!

Gavy's headstone is finally finished. I am really happy with the way it turned out. The picture on the front looks kinda red in this picture, but it's actually a sepia color. This was the last physical thing left to do for Gavin and it's been kinda hard knowing that there isn't much else we can physically do for him. However, I know that the most important thing we can do for him now is to live our lives so that we can be an eternal family. Sometimes when I sit down and really think about this situation - I realize that I am truly a blessed mother. It is hard to have empty arms, but I think I may be starting to find joy. I find joy in knowing that I have a son who is so valiant that he didn't need to stay here and I find joy in knowing that I will someday be with my son in a perfect state. Someday this will all make sense and we will understand the plan . . . but for know I will trust that God knows the bigger picture for my family.



On Saturday Gavin had a few friends from the ward take him some fresh flowers and a pink clay flower. It is so nice to know that he is still remembered. Children are so "in tune" and are so accepting and kind. I am so happy Gavin has such wonderful friends.


4 comments:

Malia said...

Lindsay - it really did turn out perfect. What a sweet and special memorial to Gavin...I can feel the sacredness of it just through the pictures. I look forward to the day I get to visit there.

Scott, Amber, and Landon said...

You picked out the perfect head stone for your now perfect little man. Love you guys!!

Kate Rosenvall said...

That headstone turned out so beautiful!

alli may said...

it's so great to know you have great friends and family where you are, while the rest of us are too far away to take care of you.