"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Sunday, March 16, 2008

My Red Shoes

Some things just never fade in life, no matter how old you get. I guess for me, my thing is red shoes. I just love my new red shoes (in the above picture). As I was looking through an old scrapbook tonight I realized that I must secretly have a thing for red shoes. As a little girl I LOVED the Wizard of Oz. I was so infatuated with Dorothy and her make-believe world that my mother made this Dorothy dress for me when I was in Kindergarten. I still remember coming home from school to our old house and my mom holding up the dress. I was so surprised, I didn't know that she had been working on it every day while I was at school. I honestly remember sitting on the stairs and trying on the dress. I, of course, needed the red shoes to go with the ensemble along with a puppy in a basket. Well, my parents didn't let me have a real puppy, but mom did take me shopping ( to Payless - I remember) to buy my "ruby slippers."

3 comments:

Debbie Freeman said...

Let me know if you need a little dog to go with your red shoes now, we have one we are willing to loan out. (I can't promise that he will stay in a basket though) You might be better off with the stuffed one.

Malia said...

You are adorable! Every girl needs red shoes! Love 'em! Your new ones are super cute!

Baldwin Fam said...

Diddo on loving the Wizard of Oz! That was the BEST movie when I was little. It was always my favorite choice at "Video Tyme." That was so sweet of your mom to make you such a fun costume. I would have loved it! :)