"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Momma!

This picture was taken in 1984 - me and mom dressed up for Halloween

Today is my mother's birthday. I won't say what number . . . UMMMMM 50! (sorry mom - please forgive me.) I want her to know how much I love her. Over the years my mom has truly become my best friend. She has been my rock through so many difficult times and a perfect example of what it means to selflessly serve others. I have watched her stay home and raise four children giving up some of her own dreams on our behalf. She is an amazing mother, and I just hope I can be a mom like her someday. I know I have talked about this many times before, but she never left my side during our time with Gavin. She was with me at every hospital visit and moved with me to Salt Lake when Gavin was transferred to PCMC. I have watched her give of everything she has for her family and I love the person my mother is. She is funny (even though we sometimes tell her she isn't), she is kind, she is always willing to help others and she can do just about anything she is asked to do (including towing cars - right mom?!). I love you momma! I hope you have a great birthday!

3 comments:

Kajsa Farnsworth said...

Moms are the best! It's amazing that she moved up to SLC with you and I'm so glad she did. I love the pictures - such a proud Grandma!

p.s. hope you are feeling better.

Kajsa Farnsworth said...

Hello again! Can I get your email address? I have a question regarding some of the books you have read recently but would rather ask the details via email. My email is kajsa_27@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!

alli may said...

your momma is so amazing! love her. happy birthday cindy!