"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Please Forgive Me . . .

. . . for my rant last night. I did not mean to be depressing. Just an aspect of my life that very few people understand.

I haven't picked up my mail for a few days, so my mailbox was full this morning when I stopped by on my way to work. It seems that every month around the 27th (his birthday) and the 28th (his heaven day) we receive an anonymous card with uplifting quotes and thoughts. We are so appreciative that someone would remember Gavin (and us) on these days of the month. It's so kind. SO kind. There was a quote in the card I received today that I felt I should share, because it's so true as we have had Gavin come and go so quickly here on earth:
"When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight." - Kahlil Gibran

How true this is. I weep for the loneliness without Gavin, but he is my delight. The pictures below show this concept perfectly. This was the last bath Jason and I gave Gavin. It was right before his blessing and just hours before he passed away. They were painful moments, but looking back they are also full of delight.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Hi Lindsay,
Thanks for sharing, both last night and tonight. I don't think you should apologize for your "rant". It is your blog and you can say whatever you want on it.
Thanks for all that you share, although I am sure it is difficult at times. It helps people in more ways than you know.

Sharp Family said...

Hey Lindsay this is Kristin (Wilcox). remember me? i came across your blog a few months ago while I was on my cousin Katies. I have wanted to comment on more than one occation but just haven't yet. I was just reading your last post and I just have to tell you how completely amazed I am at your faith and strength! I can't even begin to imagine what you have and are still going through right now but you are truly an inspiration!!!! It gives me a new strengh and perspective on life each and every time I read something you have written! I hope you don't mind!:) I just wanted to let you know how amazing I think you are!

Malia said...

You never ever have to apologize for the way you feel, Lindsay. This is your story and we're all blessed and changed by reading it. It is very easy to see that Gavin is your delight. He is just such a beautiful boy!

Kajsa Farnsworth said...

Oh, Lindsay. No one should have to make decisions such as these. For those that have, how comforting it must be to read your words and know they are not alone in their feelings. And for us that have not had to make these decisions, you are such a tremendous example of faith and love and empathy.