"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Friday, May 30, 2008

Being Grateful Will Make Us Happy

"Mercies and blessings come in different forms--sometimes as hard things. Yet the Lord said, 'Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things' (D&C 59:7). All things means just that: good things, difficult things--not just some things. He has commanded us to be grateful because He knows being grateful will make us happy. This is another evidence of His love."
- Bonnie D. Parkin

Here are a few things I am grateful for . . . (in no particular order)


- my faith and beliefs
- my family
- my sweet husband
- my baby Gavin
- our jobs and everything that makes our lives comfortable
- tender mercies
- opportunities to escape
- friends
- Diet Coke (laugh all you want)
- my trials (yeah, I know, I may be crazy)
- and hope (where would we be without hope?)

. . . my list could go on and on, but I thought this was a good start.


What are you grateful for?

6 comments:

Tiffani said...

I am grateful for how open you are about all that you feel. It reminds me to be grateful for my blessings. Especially my healthy happy kids. I love to read about all that Gavin was and is to you and Jason.

Debbie Freeman said...

I'm grateful that you are so willing to share your precious boy and sweet feelings. I'm grateful that you have helped me to see so much more in life and I'm grateful that my life will forever be changed and so much better for having known you and your sweet family. Thankyou for loving our kids and I am grateful that you share your love with them and make them feel so special and safe each time they see you.

Steve, Misti, Madison, and Mason said...

We think about you everyday, call us sometime.

LuDLoW LiFe said...

WOW! What a list! You are so amazing! I am with you on the Diet Coke

Kajsa Farnsworth said...

I am grateful for my trials too. Some days more than others but I get that. I love that you listed tender mercies. I have noticed there are so many around me if I just slow down and pay attention to them.

T.Bailey said...

I'm grateful for Lindsay and Jason's amazing example.
I am grateful for Gavin and for all he taught me in his three short months.
I am grateful that I had the chance to be a part of his life and to be called his aunt.
Miss you Gav.