"Thank heaven there is tomorrow. Because there is tomorrow, all our yesterdays have meaning and all our dreams have hope."

Friday, May 2, 2008

My New Best Friend For The Day


I'd like you to meet my new best friend for the day . . . Mr. Vick. He is my saving grace today. I'm pretty sure Jason thinks I am addicted. Today at lunch I told him this was a better addiciton than my desired addiction of choice for the day. heh heh heh
Here's how my day has gone today:


wake up . . . I feel gross (is it allergies or a cold . . . hmmmm?)

take a shower . . . I feel a little bit better

I drive to work . . . feeling pretty good

get to work . . . a little sniff, sneeze, and blowing my nose

more sniffing, sneezing and blowing my nose

and even more sniffing, sneezing and blowing my nose


UGH! I HATE being sick! The rough thing is that my doctor won't let me take ANY meds. No allergy meds, tylenol, etc just incase I MAY be pregnant. We want to be able to rule out all potential complications even before I am pregnant. But let me tell you the irony of this situation. If I take something, then I will end up being pregnant and then I will worry about what those meds will do to my baby for the next nine months. If I don't take something, I won't end up pregnant and then I will kick myself for not making myself more comfortable. Any suggestions? Now I better go blow my nose . . .

3 comments:

Malia said...

LOL! I have lived with this same dilemna and said the EXACT same thing you just wrote for the last four years. I feel for ya, girl! Long live the Vicks!! I also really like Eucalyptus oil...you can just put a few drops of it on a washcloth and put it near you and it clears you right up. Love it.

Tiffani said...

What a BUMMER! I hate that I can't take Advil during pregnancy. But if I couldn't take ANYTHING even if I was sick... ugh! Does this mean that you are trying now? Or just taking all precautions before you start?
Feel better!

Debbie Freeman said...

We love those vicks shower tablets. They make your shower feel like a huge vicks inhaler!! Gotta love Vegas and the inevitable allergies that turn into a cold!! (There are also these cool waterless vicks vaporizers now) Good Luck!!